[Live-demo] "big" data sets on OSGeo Live

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:33:28 PST 2013

Hi Peter, Stephan,

Since we are getting close to RC (just 2 weeks) perhaps we should think
of a quick solution for 6.5 and re-think the data disk space balance for
version 7.0.

Suggestions:
1. Lets get a hyperspectral dataset of ~60MB on this version (are there
any free AVIRIS, Hyperion, CHRIS/PROBA, MODIS datasets for North
Carolina where we have a full dataset?)
2. Lets call all remote sensing related applications to use them
3. Lets open a Trac Ticket for OSGeoLive 7.0 about evaluating all common
datasets.

What do you think?

Best,
Angelos