[Live-demo] Postgis 2.0 - legacy.sql

Sergio Baños Calvo listas at saig.es
Thu Jan 24 23:55:14 PST 2013

Hi Angelos.

 From Kosmo part, it would be ok to change to postgis 2.0 if legacy.sql
is loaded into at least the natural_earth2 database, that form part of
the quickstart guide. But i think that if you load it into the postgis
template database before creating the others spatial databases it could
be better.

I think that the ticket #1059 from the tracker [1] could be also solved
found is restored with the legacy.sql.

Regards,

[1] https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1059

El 25/01/2013 0:02, Angelos Tzotsos escribió:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> Yes we have pushed PostGIS 2.0 for this release of OSGeoLive.
>
> Would this solution you propose be applied to a specific database?
> I would like to hear more opinions on this.
> I would vote +/- 0 on this since it is close to the RC and I don't
> know if it will affect other applications on the disk.
> Another idea would be to remove the PostGIS 2.0 quickstart part for
> the 6.5 release and restore them for 7.0.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Angelos
>
> On 01/24/2013 01:28 PM, Sergio Baños Calvo wrote:
>> While following Kosmo Desktop Quickstart, I realized that PostGIS 2.X
>> is used in the OSGeo LiveDVD 6.5.
>>
>> Kosmo Desktop 2.0.1 (and I suppose that some others applications
>> present at the LiveDVD may have a similar problem) doesn't support
>> PostGIS 2.X as it uses some functions that have been removed in the
>> 2.X series (as extent(), geometryfromtext(), ...).
>>
>> In order to solve the PostGIS layers problems, could it be possible
>> to load the legacy.sql file into the LiveDVD PostgreSQL database as
>> pointed in [1]?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> [1] http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/PostGIS_FAQ.html#legacy_faq

> Angelos Tzotsos
> Remote Sensing Laboratory
> National Technical University of Athens
> http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc at saig.es