[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo-Live 6.5 on VM Depot

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 15:47:51 PDT 2013

James,
Good question.

I'd suggest the first priority is to just work out if we can get
OSGeo-Live working on a cloud platform, being run as a "throw away"
install for testing software.

However, a next step could be to build a server version of OSGeo-Live,
maybe "OSGeo-Server" which has a different set of priorities. In
particular, the server version need not be constrained by the size of a
DVD, should be optimised for server performance, and should have an
emphasis on security. (There is quite a bit of work involved in thinking
through all these issues).