[Live-demo] LocationTech projects on OSGeo-Live?

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 10 21:59:58 PDT 2013

uDIG is already on the  OSGeo-Live DVD ;) Last time we had great efforts to
get uDIG installed using the OpenJDK with the provided Java Advanced
Imaging/ Image IO extensions. At the end everything worked out smooth and
the currently available version on 6.5 OSGeo-Live is 1.2.2 - still under
Refractions Research banner (
http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/udig_overview.html).

We discussed on the udig-developer mailing list the upcomming release and
whether we shoud upgrade to 1.4.0b which has great new features such as
GeoScript Editor and graticule map decorations. Like I remember, correct me
if I'm wrong,  Andrea Antonello will talk about GeoScript capabilities in
uDig at FOSS4G so I assume he would like to get uDig upgraded as well
(running with OpenJDK).

So finally 1+ from my side to upgrade to 1.4.0b

@Jody : Are 1.4.0b artifacts already uploaded for Linux 32bit?

Cheers
- Frank