[Live-demo] GeoNode application for LiveDVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:13:19 PDT 2013

Ariel,
Thank you for the GeoNode application to join OSGeo-Live. GeoNode
certainly fits the criteria we have in place for OSGeoLive projects and
would be a worthy addition.

The key stumbling block we will need to resolve is whether there is
sufficient space.
In particular, we need to ensure that upstream applications, such as
GeoServer are not installed twice.

I'd also like to ensure that we are not introducing more example
datasets, unless the example datasets offer something beyond what is
already available (such as providing a different format). This to both
save space, and also provide continuity between quickstarts and examples
from different applications.

So my vote is +1 for including geonode on OSGeo-Live, if we can resolve
the above.