[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live poster

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:07:37 PDT 2013

Margherita,
As I've mentioned before, I think this poster is a very valuable
contribution to the OSGeo community, and is the sort of thing that OSGeo
Advocates are looking to have at FOSS4G and related conferences.

Some specific suggestions for the wiki page:
* I suggest that you create a separate wiki page,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Poster, referenced from:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Poster . It should cover all
the questions people are likely to have with regards to the poster:

** How is the poster updated? (Is this something that you'd be able to
ensure happens as part of the OSGeo-Live build process?) Should people
contact yourself if they have a suggested improvement?

** What tools should be used to update the document (Open Office)? How
would you add another project? Any tips for making sure formatting etc
remains consistent.

** What would you recommend for printing the poster? What size do you
recommend? A4, A3, A2, A1, A0?

** What does poster printing typically cost?

** Does the marketing committee sponsor printing of the poster.
(Question needs to be asked of the marketing committee).

** What is the license on the poster? (It is built upon OSGeo-Live
Project Overviews, which are CC-By. I'd suggest CC-By, but you could
also pick CC-By-SA).

Comments on Poster content:
* The groupings of OSGeo-Live projects was updated in OSGeo-Live 6.5,
which hasn't been reflected in this poster (based on version 6.0)

* A couple of projects have been added / retired in 6.5 which should be
updated. (And updated again for 7.0 in a month or so)

* I suggest adding a CC-By logo to the poster.

* I suggest provide details about the currency of the poster, either
referencing the version of OSGeo-Live it is based upon, and/or the date
of release: Eg: "CC-By-Logo: Poster derived from OSGeo-Live 6.0 Project
Overviews, June 2012."