[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live poster

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 00:21:46 PDT 2013

Hi Cameron,

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com
> wrote:

>  Margherita,
> As I've mentioned before, I think this poster is a very valuable
> contribution to the OSGeo community, and is the sort of thing that OSGeo
> Advocates are looking to have at FOSS4G and related conferences.
>
> Some specific suggestions for the wiki page:
> * I suggest that you create a separate wiki page,
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Poster, referenced from:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Poster .

OK

> It should cover all the questions people are likely to have with regards
> to the poster:
>
> ** How is the poster updated? (Is this something that you'd be able to
> ensure happens as part of the OSGeo-Live build process?)

I can't answer this. How does the presentation work?

> Should people contact yourself if they have a suggested improvement?

I'd prefer people to download it and make their improvement, and only those
who don't have svn writing access contact with me in order to upload the
changes.

> ** What tools should be used to update the document (Open Office)?

I used LibreOffice, but I guess OpenOffice is fine too.

> How would you add another project? Any tips for making sure formatting etc
> remains consistent.

uhm..  I'm not really the right person to give tips on any graphical stuff.
Whoever put hands on the poster and follow their own instinct will produce
a better outcome :)

> ** What would you recommend for printing the poster? What size do you
> recommend? A4, A3, A2, A1, A0?

It's meant to be A0

> ** What does poster printing typically cost?

No idea, we print them in-house. It really depends on the paper used.

> ** Does the marketing committee sponsor printing of the poster. (Question
> needs to be asked of the marketing committee).

OK, i'll ask

> ** What is the license on the poster? (It is built upon OSGeo-Live Project
> Overviews, which are CC-By. I'd suggest CC-By, but you could also pick
> CC-By-SA).

I used the content of the presentation, just put them in the shape of a
poster. I didn't create any new art-work. So whatever license has the
presentation, the same should be applied to the poster, hence cc-by works
fine to me.

> Comments on Poster content:
> * The groupings of OSGeo-Live projects was updated in OSGeo-Live 6.5,
> which hasn't been reflected in this poster (based on version 6.0)
>
> * A couple of projects have been added / retired in 6.5 which should be
> updated. (And updated again for 7.0 in a month or so)

Yes. the poster reflects the state of OSGeo-Live 6.0. Sorry I didn't have
time to update it lately. As I said I just took the stuff from the
presentation, at that time.

> * I suggest adding a CC-By logo to the poster.

OK

> * I suggest provide details about the currency of the poster, either
> referencing the version of OSGeo-Live it is based upon, and/or the date of
> release: Eg: "CC-By-Logo: Poster derived from OSGeo-Live 6.0 Project
> Overviews, June 2012."

OK

--
Best regards,

Margherita DI LEO
Postdoctoral Researcher

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.