[Live-demo] Iris draft installer

Ian Edwards iedwards.pub at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 07:43:54 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Ed Campbell has packaged up Iris and dependencies so that it can be
installed from apt-get:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:drescampbell/ppa
sudo apt-get install python-iris
Does this help with some of the dependency problems?  If yes, should we go
ahead and update the Iris install script to install from apt-get instead?

To what extent should I test with QGIS and Sahana? I haven't seen any
problems (including with plugins) in QGIS, but presumably I need to install
a plugin that utilises matplotlib now that the system version is at 1.2.0.

Many thanks

Ian