[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live poster

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 12:29:45 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just did all the changes. Regarding the sentence in the introduction, I
agree that it is not the best. I think the best would be to adapt it to any
conference in which the poster is being presented. But anyway, if any
English native speaker would like to improve it, it would be very
appreciated.

Thanks

madi

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Activity Workshop <
mail at activityworkshop.net> wrote:

> The poster looks great, that's a really useful contribution.
>
> If I may be picky, I'd like to suggest a few minor improvements, maybe
> somebody with LibreOffice can think about these when they're updating the
> details for 6.5.
>
> - The icon for GpsPrune shows the "R" logo, I guess this is an oversight?
>  It would be good if the correct one could be used.
> - The opening sentence "In recent years..." seems out of place and
> redundant, I'd prefer to lose it completely.  But if you want it to stay,
> at least change it to "the accessibility... HAS changed", not have changed.
> - The sentence beginning "it is available as ..." in the central bubble is
> too long, shortening it or splitting it would make things clearer imho.
>
> After editing the odp, it would be a good idea to re-generate the pdf file
> and upload that too, and also put a little thumbnail graphic of it on the
> "Live GIS Poster" wiki page.  That way people can get an idea of what it is
> before they download the 8MB pdf.
>
> Again, good work from those involved!
> activityworkshop

Best regards,

Dr. Margherita DI LEO
Scientific / technical project officer

European Commission - DG JRC
Via Fermi, 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA) - Italy - TP 261

Tel. +39 0332 78 3600
margherita.di-leo at jrc.ec.europa.eu

Disclaimer: The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not
in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission.