[Live-demo] Vademecum OSGeo - Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:27:26 PDT 2013

Margherita,
I'm interested to understand a bit more about your idea and see how we
could align it with OSGeo-Live.

One of the key success factors we have with OSGeo-Live is that it is
continually maintained and updated. I could list many projects which
attract volunteers or people to create initial documentation, but then
the documentation quickly looses relevance because it is not maintained.

So I suggest that you ask:
* How will the vademecum be maintained?
* Who is our target audience?
* Would it be possible to develop a production pipeline which uses
existing Project Overviews and/or Quickstarts (which are maintained) to
create the vademecum?
* If the use case is substantially different to existing OSGeo-Live
templates and use case, then it might be a candidate for another
documentation template.
* However, also be aware that small, concise documentation is much
easier to maintain than larger docs. Hence, I'd suggest if we are
thinking long term, we should aim to minimise the creation of extra
documentation formats, and try to automatically reformat existing material.