[Live-demo] [deegree-users] deegree webservices 3.2.0 released

Markus Schneider schneider at occamlabs.de
Sat Mar 30 07:43:47 PDT 2013

Hi Cameron,

thanks for your feedback/suggestions.

I guess we (the deegree project) still got somework to do in order to
get closer to using the data already available in OSGeoLive. Probably it
seems that the deegree project always expects to get special treatment.
Sorry for that :-(

I guess we definitely should have a closer look at the Natural Earth
example dataset. Maybe we can provide a deegree workspace based on that
dataset. And write a quickstart tutorial based on that workspace.

On the other hand, the real strength of deegree webservices is not
common webmapping. It's probably quite a bit lot slower than MapServer
and GeoServer here. I guess our most obvious raison d'ĂȘtre is our focus
on in-depth support for rich data models, such as INSPIRE Data Themes,
GeoSciML and all these German schemas like XPlanung and AAA. Do you
think we can include some GML-encoded INSPIRE datasets on OSGeoLive?
Some datasets can be found in our "INSPIRE workspace" [1].

Best regards,
Markus

[1]
http://download.deegree.org/documentation/3.2.0/html/lightly.html#example-workspace-1-inspire-network-services