[Live-demo] [deegree-users] deegree webservices 3.2.0 released

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:09:53 PDT 2013

Our primary drivers for OSGeo-Live is as an introduction to Geospatial
Open Source applications, although that is now expanding as people use
OSGeoLive for workshops.

Also, OSGeo-Live is space constrained, so if we are to add a new
dataset, it should be relatively small, and should be useful for
multiple projects, (as well as being available under an open license
such as Creative Commons).

For the quickstart, I'd suggest that you stick to the core simple use
case which Deegree is being used for. Unless your core use case is
serving complex schema data, then it probably isn't a candidate for the
quickstart? Alternatively, if you are using OSGeo-Live within workshops
for Deegree, then we may consider introducing a complex schema dataset.

I'm aware that GeoServer also supports complex schemas, so I'd want to
ensure that the GeoServer community can make use of the dataset too.

So, key questions:
1. Is the complex schema use case the core 10 min use case you'd want to
present for Deegree's quickstart?
2. Are you using OSGeo-Live for workshops, and want a complex schema
dataset to demo functionality?
3. Can you source a small, open, complex schema dataset, preferably
covering an Area of Interest already included in existing OSGeo-Live
example datasets?