[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: alpha1

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 14:16:48 PDT 2013

Angelos wrote:
>  From the previous discussion, I had the impression that one
> possible option was lubuntu 13.04, not 12.04, since I recall
> it was not polished enough to be used back then.

lubuntu 12.04 is just fine, we have it on one of the lab machines
here, students ~unfamilar with linux use it every day. no probs.
Since we strip the biggest things out of xubuntu already, I'm
a little doubtful we'll save much space with it, but am curious
to see the results. I think it's more a question for when we
move beyond 12.04 as the base, since xubuntu isn't focusing on
"light and tiny" as much any more in newer versions, but lubuntu
is.

Hamish