[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: alpha1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed May 15 04:52:42 PDT 2013

On 05/15/2013 12:16 AM, Hamish wrote:
> Angelos wrote:
>>   From the previous discussion, I had the impression that one
>> possible option was lubuntu 13.04, not 12.04, since I recall
>> it was not polished enough to be used back then.
> lubuntu 12.04 is just fine, we have it on one of the lab machines
> here, students ~unfamilar with linux use it every day. no probs.
> Since we strip the biggest things out of xubuntu already, I'm
> a little doubtful we'll save much space with it, but am curious
> to see the results. I think it's more a question for when we
> move beyond 12.04 as the base, since xubuntu isn't focusing on
> "light and tiny" as much any more in newer versions, but lubuntu
> is.
>

> Hamish

If we stay on LTS (which seems to be the case so far), then our next
base switch will be for OSGeoLive 8.0 (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS).
I am ok switching to Lubuntu then (if it still exists/supported/playing
well with Mir.....)

In the meanwhile:
1. Xubuntu offers upgrades to point releases (12.04.2) but no amd64+mac
release
2. Lubuntu offers amd64+mac but no point releases (iso still at 12.04)
3. Both offer amd64.

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos