[Live-demo] QGIS 2.0

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sun Oct 13 12:49:39 PDT 2013

> > I'll point out we're not a feature driven project, we are a scheduled
> > delivery based project (A common debate, QGIS is considering schedules
> > post 2.0). The clearly stated plan, we bundle what's available at each
> > scheduled point in time for twice a year releases, once for Sept/Foss4g
> > and once for Feb/Mar conference season. We don't have enough testers at
> > this time to do it more often.

   +1

> >> Such a release would require us checking/testing ALL applications, since
  > >> lots of things change in UbuntuGIS within a month...

  +1

I had a casual conversation with a developer this morning ..
QGis 2.0  is a "dot-zero" release.. I am certain there will be a QGis
2.xx "bug fix" releases soon,
which will be better in other ways, too..

The OSGeo Live project will benefit from the next release *after* the
"dot-zero" release
in addition to other considerations...

meanwhile, sophisticated users are *very much* enabled to create their
own versions locally

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter