[Live-demo] QGIS 2.0

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 13:23:19 PDT 2013

On 10/13/2013 10:49 PM, maplabs at light42.com wrote:
>> > I'll point out we're not a feature driven project, we are a scheduled
>> > delivery based project (A common debate, QGIS is considering schedules
>> > post 2.0). The clearly stated plan, we bundle what's available at each
>> > scheduled point in time for twice a year releases, once for
>> Sept/Foss4g
>> > and once for Feb/Mar conference season. We don't have enough
>> testers at
>> > this time to do it more often. >
>
>    +1

>> since
>  > >> lots of things change in UbuntuGIS within a month...
>   +1
>
> I had a casual conversation with a developer this morning .. QGis 2.0
> is a "dot-zero" release.. I am certain there will be a QGis 2.xx "bug
> fix" releases soon,
> which will be better in other ways, too..
> The OSGeo Live project will benefit from the next release *after* the
> "dot-zero" release
> in addition to other considerations...
> meanwhile, sophisticated users are *very much* enabled to create their
> own versions locally
>
> --
> Brian M Hamlin
> OSGeo California Chapter
>
> blog.light42.com

Actually version 2.0 was never released, it only reached to the
packagers :)
The released version was 2.0.1 since a sponsor logo was forgotten and
had to be added after tagging 2.0.

Yes, we are expecting more bug-fixing point releases in the near future...

--
Angelos Tzotsos
Remote Sensing Laboratory