[Live-demo] 14.04 build info

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Apr 16 20:44:18 PDT 2014

On 04/16/2014 04:49 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Hamish:
>>> ps- any new ideas on the Lubuntu 14.04 build?
>
> Angelos:
>> The build process works fine for 14.04, I am just waiting for deb
>> files to appear :)
>
> btw, expect ubu 14.04-final to be released in the next 24 hours or so.
>
>> In my opinion, if we managed to put everything into deb packages,
>> then 64 builds would be much easier...
>
> sure, as long as packages are supplied for both. :)
> but I'm not sure if any demos will try to use multi-gigabyte data sets
> actually needing 64 bit, since usb sticks, dvds, and classroom demos
> are typically quite space limited and much smaller.
>

> Hamish

There was something about only one of those working right on Macs via
usb. I can't recall at the moment. Perhaps 14.04 works via usb on Mac in
general now. Mac custom EFI boot related.

There are occasional requests for 64bit, we'll need to see if it's
enough to maintain the builds or simply provide instructions for those
wishing to.