[Live-demo] ipython overview

Luca Delucchi lucadeluge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 00:46:35 PDT 2014

On 9 August 2014 23:06, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Luca, sorry for the delayed response.

Hi Camerone, no problem I was offline for some days...

> A dynamic ipython example could be put into:
> /usr/local/share/ipython/
> or potentially
> /usr/local/share/ipython/en

ok, I don't know much about the ISO/VM creation so could someone help
me to add this file into the source code and maybe create the required
files for the ISO/VM

> A symbolic link should then be provided from the web directory:
> cd /www/html
> ln -s /usr/local/share/ipython ipython

We don't need web, but only launch "ipython notebook" in the directory
where we save the documentation, this will open a browser to
communicate with ipython notebook

> With regards to translating the ipython example, I'd be inclined to say that
> we should only translate the Project Overview and Quickstart (which are in
> RST format) only. I suggest that we should try to keep the translation tasks
> simple, which means keeping to only one process for translation (ie
> translating RST docs).

ok, we can think to the translation later ;-)

--
ciao
Luca

http://gis.cri.fmach.it/delucchi/