[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 8.0 status: Release Candidate (RC1)

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:18:49 PDT 2014

Hi all,

We just completed 48h since RC1 was released.
While we still need more testers, it seems that the build is in good
shape overall.

There were 1-2 issues reported in the last hours that are now fixed in
svn. Still I don't think those issues are "blockers"

So we have a decision ahead of us:
1. Release RC1 as Final given that it is our most tested build or
2. Make an RC2 build with latest fixes included. This would cause at
least a new 48h delay, plus we will need to repeat all our tests.

According to our schedule we are 3 days late to release final (we need
to confirm the printer deadline for FOSS4G)

Thoughts?

Best,
Angelos