[Live-demo] Saga Quickstart

Hamish hamish.webmail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:21:57 PDT 2014

Siki Zoltan wrote:
> I've just joined this list.
> I was trying Saga GIS from the wonderful OSGeo Live DVD 8.0b1 and I
> realized the documentation uses a previous version of Saga what is
> available on the DVD.
> I've updated the rst file and some screenshots.
> I couldn't update the last part (Importing/exportin data), the used
> SRTM_u03_n041e002.tif file not found on the DVD and I couldn't find
> any similiar file among the available data sets.
>
> I've started to review QGIS quick start too.

Hi,

you can find much of the existing sample data linked into the
/home/user/data/ directory, have a look in raster/ to begin with.

when reviewing quickstarts it is best to work from the latest version
in Subversion, since it might be newer than what is on an earlier build.

These docs are rebuilt from svn a couple times a day:
   http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/

(for example qgis and qgis_browser quickstarts were updated after
8.0beta1)

thanks,
Hamish