[Live-demo] FOSS4G Workshop

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 04:11:18 PDT 2014

Hi Daniel,

We never install any additions to the VM to avoid conflicts between
Hypervisors.
What we do is install the kernel headers to support building kernel modules.

So in order to support VBox it would be needed to add the vbox kernel
module and then deploy the VM to the workshop machines.

Best,
Angelos

On 08/30/2014 01:30 PM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I just wanted to give you some update regarding (my) workshop(s) using
> OSGeo Live. I have just tested the final release of OSGeo Live, using the
> Virtual Machine image: http://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html
>
> I guess, the Virtual Machine image will be the one installed on the
> workshop PC's, right? I think it's the best choice, but I found out, that
> the initial screen resolution is just 800x600 as far as I remember. It
> would be necessary to install the Virtual Box Guest Additions, which seem
> not to be installed by default. I thought it was the case in previous
> releases, but that might be wrong.
>
> With 800x600 px screen resolution it's pretty hard to work. Do you think it
> will be possible to have the Virtual Box Guest Additions installed on the
> workshop PC's?
>
> Many thanks,
> Daniel

Angelos Tzotsos