[Live-demo] [cesium-dev] Re: Cesium on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:07:05 PST 2014

Hello Balasubramaniam,
Thank you for offering to help include Cesium on OSGeo-Live.

We at the OSGeo-Live team are keen to see Cesium represented on
OSGeo-Live, and are also here to help if you have questions. I'm CCing
our email list to introduce you to the rest of the OSGeo-Live team.

Regarding your next steps. Everything to do with OSGeo-Live is linked
from: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc
This is quite a bit of information to digest, so here are some quick
links to get you to what you need fast.

In particular:
1. Please subscribe to our email list so you can ask questions and get
answers:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Contact_Us

2. You will often find one of our team on our IRC channel. Feel free to
ask questions there:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Contact_Us

3. As Patrick has noted, you can then put in an official request for
Cesium to join OSGeo-Live. Patrick, I suspect it would be helpful for
you to help in answering some of these questions.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#How_to_add_a_project_to_OSGeoLive

4. We will then need to sort you out with getting access to subversion,
which involves officially asking for it, and confirming that you will
abide by open source license terms:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Subversion

5. You will then be in a position to start writing and install script
and docs for Cesium.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager