[Live-demo] TinyOWS merging with UMN Mapserver

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 12:14:58 PST 2014

Hi Pirmin (and others),
I'd be interested to hear you expand upon your thoughts.

I see there being compelling benefits achieved from merging Mapserver
and TinyOWS documentation. When explaining complex technical concepts,
it helps the reader to have the information presented as concisely and
clearly as possible. "Less documentation gets read more".

A new user deciding whether to install MapServer or GeoServer is
presented with "Install GeoServer and get WMS/WFS-T all in one package,
or learn about/install to 2 packages, MapServer/TinyOWS to get the
same." Only needing to install one package is more compelling.