[Live-demo] TinyOWS merging with UMN Mapserver

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Mon Feb 3 03:27:56 PST 2014

On Feb 1, 2014, at 9:14 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

Cameron,

> I'd be interested to hear you expand upon your thoughts.

There's somehow two kind of community users for  TinyOWS:

 - First one is tied to MapServer, and as you mentionned,
   aim is to have a full OGC Web Service implementation
   (WMS + WFS-T + TMS).  So MapServer Suite.

- Second community is more linked with QGIS usage,
  and only care about WFS-T. So only need PostGIS + TinyOWS.

So from my point of view, there's a gain to simplify installation
process, in Live Demo for the MapServer Suite users,
as long as you keep  it simple too, for those who don't really
need MapServer.

HTH,

O.