[Live-demo] TinyOWS merging with UMN Mapserver

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 12:14:17 PST 2014

On 03/02/14 22:27, Olivier Courtin wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2014, at 9:14 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
>
> Cameron,
>
>> I'd be interested to hear you expand upon your thoughts.
> There's somehow two kind of community users for  TinyOWS:
>
>   - First one is tied to MapServer, and as you mentionned,
>     aim is to have a full OGC Web Service implementation
>     (WMS + WFS-T + TMS).  So MapServer Suite.
>
> - Second community is more linked with QGIS usage,
>    and only care about WFS-T. So only need PostGIS + TinyOWS.
>

> So from my point of view, there's a gain to simplify installation
> process, in Live Demo for the MapServer Suite users,
> as long as you keep  it simple too, for those who don't really
> need MapServer.
>

> HTH,
>
> O.
Thanks for the clarification Olivier.
For the install scripts, I'd be comfortable with the
install_mapserver.sh script to call the install_tinyows.sh script, which
I think addresses your point about having an installation process for
QGIS users.

Would it make sense to merge the Mapserver / TinyOWS docs? Or should
they remain separate?

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager