[Live-demo] Problem with mounting shared folder in OsgeoLive 8.5

Elena Mezzini elena.mezzini at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:53:41 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I've just installed new versions of both Virtual Box (version
4.3.26_98988) and OsgeoLive 8.5 on Windows 7.
I did everything explained in the OSGeo-Live Quickstart for Running in
a Virtual Machine [0]
I called my shared folder LAVORI that is located in c:/LAVORI, I
didn't know if putting automatic mounting or not (I tried both.. but
with the same final result)
Then in Devices, Install Guest Additions, installing the Additions of Vbox
then I did:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-generic
cd /media/user/VBOXADDITIONS_4.3.26_98988/
sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

then reboot the VM and:
mkdir LAVORI
sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=user, rw LAVORI /home/user/LAVORI

BUT it's not working:
/sbin/mount.vboxsf: mounting failed with the error: No such device.

Maybe is something stupid, but I can't manage solve it!

i will be glad if someone will help me, because without mounting this
folder I can't work...

Thank you in advance!

Elena Mezzini

[0] http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html