[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: pre-RC1
gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 00:20:52 PDT 2015
We do not have an RC1 yet, but we now have a build that *could* be it
(if we add the artwork and the final docs).
Should we call for the testing sprint with it or should we wait?
On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Unfortunately the blocker issues kept us back on schedule, so we do not have
> rc1 build yet. Instead we have pretty stable nightly builds . Our release
> ppa is already populated .
> On our meeting yesterday we defined the steps to release:
> 1. Finalize desktop background
> 2. Update the download page to include 32 and 64 bit links
> 3. Create desktop screenshots with the new theme to include in docs.
> 4. Finalize docs and build deb on Launchpad.
> 5. Build RC1 mini iso
> 6. Call for a 2 day testing sprint
> 7. Release 9.0 final if no issues are found (else RC2 etc)
> 8. Create VM and full iso
> Given that this weekend is too close to have RC1 by Friday night, I don't
> think we can call for the testing sprint this weekend, probably this would
> need to happen Sun-Mon instead.
>  http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/
>  https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/release-9.0
> Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
> OSGeo Charter Member
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member
More information about the Osgeolive