[Live-demo] docs page on virtualization quickstart

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 00:43:26 PST 2015

Dear list,

the docs page on virtualization quickstart [1] is quite outdated, and is
one of the most important pages, one of the first approached by users. I
have made an updated quickstart and temporarily published here [2]. I have
based the quick start on windows, because it seems to me the most common
case. The reason why i haven't directly contributed it to the official docs
is the fact that it's in Italian. The only windows system I had access to
is in Italian, so I was not able to make screen captures in english and i
don't think is a good practice to update local pages before the english
one. So with this email I'm asking if there is someone with english system
on windows would like to contribute captures, I'm willing to write the text
in english as well.
Moreover, I think that, *where possible*, it would be nice if this page
could have captures in different languages as well, along with the
translation of the text.

Thank you

[1] http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html
[2]