[Live-demo] isolinux.bin file falis md5 checksum on osgeo-live-8.5.iso

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:30:13 PDT 2015

Hi,

The full iso (which you downloaded) is a customized version of the mini
iso including windows and mac installers, so the md5 checksum of the
included files is not valid.
There is nothing to worry about if your iso and the iso md5 file are
matching.

Best,
Angelos

On 07/14/2015 10:33 AM, Christopher Duncombe Rae, DEA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> New to the list. Just downloaded OSGeo Live 8.5 dvd iso. Checked the posted
> md5sum of the iso; it passes okay. Wrote the iso to dvd. Mounted it and saw
> a file md5sum.txt in the top level of the dvd, so I ran an md5sum check on
> all files on the dvd and returned isolinux/isolinux.bin NOT OK. Checked the
> iso image itself by mounting -o loop, and the check sum for that file also
> fails, so it is not the writing to dvd that made the error. The iso boots
> and runs, so I am not concerned, but why does this file fail the checksum?
> And might this bite me later? The file I downloaded was osgeo-live-8.5.iso.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris Duncombe Rae

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member