[Live-demo] isolinux.bin file falis md5 checksum on osgeo-live-8.5.iso

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 04:50:04 PDT 2015

Hi Chris,
 From what you are describing, everything sounds ok to me.

The md5sum for the ISO was correct.
I would expect that doing an md5sum for the files on the DVD would be
different, I'm not sure of the logistics, but would suspect a filesystem
has a different number of chars to a ISO.

The real test is that you are able to run the DVD and ISO. If there is
anything wrong, then you probably wouldn't be able to do that.

Warm regards,
Cameron

On 14/07/2015 5:33 pm, Christopher Duncombe Rae, DEA wrote:

> Hi!
>
> New to the list. Just downloaded OSGeo Live 8.5 dvd iso. Checked the
> posted md5sum of the iso; it passes okay. Wrote the iso to dvd.
> Mounted it and saw a file md5sum.txt in the top level of the dvd, so I
> ran an md5sum check on all files on the dvd and returned
> isolinux/isolinux.bin NOT OK. Checked the iso image itself by mounting
> -o loop, and the check sum for that file also fails, so it is not the
> writing to dvd that made the error. The iso boots and runs, so I am
> not concerned, but why does this file fail the checksum? And might
> this bite me later? The file I downloaded was osgeo-live-8.5.iso.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris Duncombe Rae

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager