[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: nightly

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:41:12 PDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 02:08 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:44 AM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> . We need to start thinking the new build process for our
>> documentation (debian package vs building during iso creation).
> I'm pro building it seperately as a package:
> * documentation can be updated
> * faster build, build failures for documentation don't break the build
> for the whole process

+1 to building as a package.

> There is of course a disadvantage: the build time for the disc and the
> documentation are no longer exactly the same.
I don't consider this a problem but a feature :)
We will be able to check final version of the documentation before we
declare the iso final.
It is just an extra step, which is good IMHO.

> Creating a package for the documentation is not hard, I've added some
> initial debian files which already do the job.
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/pull/6
Thanks, I just merged.

> This just drops the documentation in /usr/share/doc/osgeolive-doc . We
> should discuss how we would like to link that on the disc eg to
> localhost.

We also need to address this issue with the image links:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_docs.sh#L56

Basically we need to move all patches from install_docs.sh into our
packaging.

> I can enable daily builds on launchpad. We could also build the
> package prior to building the iso.
Excellent idea. I heard Launchpad can work with git directly now...

> Kind Regards,
> Johan

Best,
Angelos