[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: nightly

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 12:40:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com> wrote:

> We also need to address this issue with the image links:
> https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_docs.sh#L56
>
> Basically we need to move all patches from install_docs.sh into our
> packaging.

Yes. Currently the produced deb is 700mb so this definitely needs some
care. Actually debhelper has a sphinx plugin which may do some of the
cleanup already.

I do want to create the package in such a way that it installs fine on
any debian/ubuntu system without breaking other things, so setting
localhost to the directory is something which I prefer doing in the
installscript.

>> I can enable daily builds on launchpad. We could also build the
>> package prior to building the iso.
>
> Excellent idea. I heard Launchpad can work with git directly now...
I readthat too [1], but was unable to find out how to produce daily
builds this way, so I have set up a bazaar mirror of the repo and a
recipe which will produce daily builds at:
https://code.launchpad.net/~johanvdw/+recipe/osgeolive-doc-daily

I'm not yet happy about the result (it works but the size is way to
big), so I'll only update the install script when it works better (and
publish to an osgeolive repo at that time). Anyone wanting to
contribute: feel free to do so!

Kind Regards,
Johan
[1] http://blog.launchpad.net/general/git-code-hosting-beta