[Live-demo] Submit New Project - MapIgniter2

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:28:14 PST 2015

Hi Marco,
It sounds like you have the start of a good project.
However, my feeling is that has not yet reached the maturity of the
other projects we have on OSGeo-Live.
In particular, we help new users answer the questions:
* What good open source GIS projects are out there?
* What is everyone else using?

What I suggest working on is getting a stronger answer to the second
question.
Aim to build up a community behind your project.
Look to get your project used by many organisations.
Aim to attract developers from these organisations.
I know this is a tough ask, and often takes years to attract such a
community.
But attracting a community is the true test of whether a project is
valuable or not.

Apache has a good page about building a community which might be worth a
read:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/community.html

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager