[Live-demo] Introducing 24dev-demo OSGeo Live Addon

Patrick McGovern pmcgover at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:13:19 PDT 2015

Cameron,
Your build process is fine, I am not proposing any new changes to OSGeo
Live.

This demo *Addon process* is intended to serve as a adhoc sandbox
development environment for interested users.  A live DVD has finite room
for applications but running the 24dev-demo process *alongside *OSGeo Live
provides an handy platform to showcase custom applications without
re-mastering your OS.  For example, I hope to update my r4st application so
that others could peruse it and could easily adapt it to their needs if
desired.  The OSGeo Live environment allows me to easily configure the
environment.

Likewise others could build and add their apps to the process, making it
easy for anyone to see exactly how it was done AND the configurations
required to make it work.  I think it would be great for educational/Demo
purposes and creating applications that are "proven" to work in a given
environment.

Did you try extracting and running 24dev-demo on an OSGeo Live DVD?
Thanks,
Pat