[Live-demo] Ideas/inputs for having a cloud service that runs the OSGeo-Live VM

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 01:44:39 PDT 2015

Sure. I am ccing both the Education community and OSGeo live communities in this, so we get more ideas/inputs to make this possible.

To give some background, we now have OSGeo Live being used not only for running workshops in FOSS4G conferences but in so many training programs/workshops/tutorials around the world. It is also a key resource for geoeducation. So to make it more easy and scaleable for organising and running  these training events globally, i would like to get inputs for Venka's ideas (details in email below)

May i request all interested to please give your ideas/inputs esp. on

 1.Do you think it is important to have a cloud service that runs the OSGeo-Live VM

 2.What are the steps that we need to take to make this possible

 Looking forward to your inputs.

Suchith