[Live-demo] [Ica-osgeo-labs] Ideas/inputs for having a cloud service that runs the OSGeo-Live VM

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 04:01:10 PDT 2015

I realize that my previous e-mail was not received by the list so I
summarize:

1. OSGeo-Live is already cloud-ready on Synnefo stack
http://www.synnefo.org/
So basically we could deploy synnefo + geneti on OSGeo infrastructure
and have a Free Software solution.
Alternatively we could deploy an OpenStack instance.
https://www.openstack.org/software/
We should ask SAC if the above options are feasible.

2. In case we want to deploy OSGeo-Live on AWS, it seems straightforward:
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/VMImportPrerequisites.html
https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/vm-import/

Any other options in mind?

Best,