[Live-demo] How to exploit graphic card acceleration running osgeo-live in a virtual machine (for Ossimplanet)

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 09:05:12 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am running OSGeo-Live in a virtual machine. Has it occurred to you that
Ossimplanet has very poor graphic performance because cannot use
acceleration of the graphic card? How to solve this issue? The machine runs
a NVIDIA Quadro K600, in order to exploit it, I installed the drivers from
the NVIDIA web site [1] but does not seem a good idea. Actually the general
appearance of the desktop is OK, but Ossimplanet seems to get stuck - I can
visualize the external frame, I can choose an image from the dropdown menu,
but i cannot see the globe (I see the desktop in transparency through it).
Anyone has gone through similar issues?

Thank you in advance

[1] http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux-display-amd64-310.40-driver

--