[Live-demo] Fwd: [Projects] update your project's FOSS4G banner

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:56:01 PDT 2015

Hi OSGeo-Live team,
We've had a request to include the next international FOSS4G logo on our
website.
I'm interested in thoughts on this?

I think it would make sense to add a list of events, including FOSS4G, at
the bottom of this page:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html

Probably under a heading:
=Appearances in upcoming events=
Expect to see OSGeo-Live highlighted at the following upcoming events:
* ...

We can source upcoming events for the next 12 months from:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_History

I think we should set a minimum of the level of involvement from
conferences before they get mentioned. Probably either:
* Handing out OSGeo-Live USBs in a showbag or OSGeo booth and/or
* Using OSGeo-Live in workshop(s)
* Presenting the OSGeo-Live presentation within a plenary session

If a conference just provides an OSGeo-Live presentation within the
program, it that enough to get a mention?

I think that mentioning OSGeo-Live as part of a presentation is not enough
to get a mention.

Thoughts?

Cameron