[Live-demo] osm2pgsql needs an update

sebastic sebastic at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 23 01:17:01 PDT 2015

On 2015-09-23 10:09, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> I will wait for a stable release to show up and I will copy over the
> deb file to OSGeoLive ppa

Because the openstreetmap/osm2pgsql PPA uses stripped down packaging
(parts are from the Debian GIS packaging, others poorly recreated from
scratch), it's better to build osm2pgsql for OSGeo-Live from the Debian
GIS source package instead of copying binary packages from an external
PPA.

I don't consider the openstreetmap/osm2pgsql PPA an appropriate source
for binary packages to copy into OSGeo-Live.

Kind Regards,

Bas