[Live-demo] Fwd: Re: [Incubator] requiring CLA signing

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 27 18:12:57 PDT 2016

On 08/27/16 22:41, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I like the GeoNode process for signing Contributor License Agreements,
> and suggest that we should introduce something similar for OSGeo-Live
>
> clahub.com <http://clahub.com>

I'd argue for dropping a CLA, it only raises the barrier to contribute
without much benefit for the project.

See also: http://ebb.org/bkuhn/blog/2014/06/09/do-not-need-cla.html

I've recently retracted my pull requests to the protobuf project because
they require a CLA before considering the contributions. If you require
me to sign a legal document before accepting my patches, I choose not to
contribute to your project. The effort is simply not worth it.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
  GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1