[Live-demo] Move Documentation to Transifex

Wed Aug 31 14:19:47 PDT 2016

Hi,

I was suppose to do it but never had enough time for making a PR...
I've done MapServer internationalization and the French Python Guide
translation (including sphinx + transifex support + read the docs) e.g
http://python-guide-fr.readthedocs.io

Do you have an existing repository for beginning?
Do you need to discuss on this directly? Skype, IRC or other channels (I
will provide these informations if you need)?

You can see a small proof of concepts with modifications for this purpose
at https://github.com/ThomasG77/OSGeoLive-doc/tree/transifex

Be cautious: I've removed all languages directories as I would build per
language and then copy the output in a build process after porting each
language translation in Transifex

I've run

     make getttext

then done

    sphinx-intl update -p _build/locale -l ca -l de -l el -l en -l es -l fr
-l hu -l it -l ja -l ko -l pl -l ru -l zh

PS: sphinx-intl should be installed as a python package

then

    make -e SPHINXOPTS="-D language='fr'" html

You will see a lot of unwanted processing during this phase due to the
previous way of managing per directory translations logic I didn't remove.

Open in your browser the following
_build/html/en/quickstart/qgis_quickstart.html to see the title of the QGIS
quickstart in French

Cheers

Thomas Gratier