[Live-demo] ISO not isohybrid, lacks UEFI support

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Tue Dec 6 10:26:52 PST 2016

Brian,

this fix simply added a new argument to genisoimage (mkisofs), plus an
isohybrid step. My concern was that there are some distributions of
genisoimage with good UEFI support (-e option) and some without; even my
Debian unstable machine lacks this option. Testing confirmed that the
Ubuntu/Lubuntu 16.04.1 version of genisoimage is a good one so I stuck
with the tool in use.

I have seen other projects using xorriso to make isohybrid ISO images
with UEFI support (for example Debian live-wrapper) so I knew we had a
another option. xorriso seems to be under much more active development
than any of the genisoimage forks. One xorriso developer helped a
project using xorriso before even being asked, so in my view, support is
great.

Kind regards,
Ben.

--