[Live-demo] build remote

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:18:26 PST 2016

Hi Brian,

There is no point to debug outside chroot.
As you can see in the rasdaman case, the new installer works fine
outside chroot, but causes trouble in chroot by creating a new system user:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/74#issuecomment-185346808

You have expressed your wish to not use GitHub and I respect that. You
have also expressed your wish not to reveal your personal git repository
(for security reasons) and you provided me the URL of your server to
pull from. I respect that too.

I have asked several times on IRC to send your pull requests via e-mail
on this mailing list, so that there is a time-stamp and an open thread
to review your changes (the same way every other pull request can be
commented on GitHub). And since the proposed changes have to be visible
on a public git repository for this review for everyone, I have offered
to host your branches on my public git repo.

Based on the above, regarding your changes in ipy-rename2 and
app-data-ipy-rename branches, I have created two public PRs to review:
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/77
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/pull/78

Those changes happened a little while after I had opened PR76 (using IRC
log as a time-stamp), so I will evaluate PR76 first.
I also took the time to review your changes and I already merged some of
your changes in my PR:
https://github.com/kalxas/OSGeoLive/commit/c20cbab30de6e77f1b701a225dddcde5fd41bd99

Right now I am building a nightly based on PR76, which takes a long time
due to slow network (perhaps the glibc updates have caused this). If
there is a positive result, I will merge PR 76 and then we can evaluate
your pull request (new nightly builds and merge).

Best,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD