[Live-demo] Submit new project - NASA WorldWind

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:32:35 PST 2016

Thank you Gabriele for the detailed responses.

I also strongly support the inclusion of Nasa World Wind in OSGeoLive.

Regarding the size of the installation, I would like to try a basic
installation first (without documentation to save some space) so we can
find out how much World Wind will compress in the iso. The next step would
be to try to use the data already present in the disk. Then we will be able
to make a decision regarding the amount of sample data that will be needed.

Regarding Java vs Web version, personally I would like to see both
included.
Having a tagged release is a good sign of stability, so I would prefer to
have a tagged version included. This would also help potential packaging
efforts.

Best,
Angelos

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD