[Live-demo] Submit new project - NASA WorldWind

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 02:12:15 PST 2016

Hi Gabriele,
Great to hear that you aim to version WebWorldWind, although I
appreciate that it might not be ready for the next release.

I suggest that WebWorldWind be attempted to be packaged for the next
release, but if it is not ready (with a defined version number) then we
will not advertise it in the upcoming release. (Ie, the docs won't be
included but the application will be on the USB, so it could be used in
workshops if needed).

When a release number is sorted out, it can then be linked in with the
rest of the documentation.
Many applications which have joined OSGeo-Live have followed this
process, getting a beta working first, then going public with the
following release.

With regards to schedule [1]:
* Draft installers should for new applications should be in place by 11
Jan 2016. We can be a little flexible with this date.
* Feature freeze for all applications is 1 Feb 2016. This is a hard date
that applications should be ready by.

As you might note, you have quite a bit of work to do if you are to make
the next release. So depending on how quickly you can work, we might
need to focus on getting a draft in place for this release, and final
for next release.

What do you think? How quickly do you think you can pull components
together?

Cheers, Cameron

[1]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO6zzmLFfprZGgp5x7Sjwi-EVN6NTGDR4KXvFVtNpR0/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=0