[Live-demo] Postgis questions

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sat Jan 23 11:01:48 PST 2016

Hi Pieter --

  oh, ok.. thats new to me..
  according to the PostGIS docs page..
   http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_gdal_enabled_drivers.html

  those variables can be set at all levels..
  cluster-wide -> postgresql.conf
  database-persistant ->  ALTER DATABASE ...
  database-temp, psql session temp  ->  set ....

also apparently SHELL with bash-style environment vars, as in .bashrc

I would think that all gdal drivers would be enabled by default, and
that really you
need  raster out_db set...  so I look here
    http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_enable_outdb_rasters.html

make sense ?
  -Brian

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 19:51:42 +0200, Pieter du Plooy