[Live-demo] Postgis questions

Pieter du Plooy pjduplooy at zpanelcp.com
Sat Jan 23 11:44:07 PST 2016

Hi Brian

In Ubuntu 14.04, set the last part of
/etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf (under the comment
# Add settings for extensions here

as such:

postgis.gdal_enabled_drivers 'ENABLE_ALL'
postgis.enable_outdb_rasters TRUE

restart postgres

In your postgis enabled db, do the following:
select long_name from st_gdaldrivers();

and you will see a lot of gdal enabled drivers

such as:

                long_name
 Virtual Raster
 GeoTIFF
 National Imagery Transmission Format
 Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
 Arc/Info ASCII Grid
 DTED Elevation Raster
 Portable Network Graphics
 JPEG JFIF
 Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
 X11 PixMap Format
 ILWIS Raster Map
 SRTMHGT File Format
 JPEG-2000 driver based on OpenJPEG library
 FIT Image
 JPEG-2000 part 1 (ISO/IEC 15444-1)
 OGC Web Map Service
 Idrisi Raster A.1