[Live-demo] pgRouting

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Sun May 1 03:11:23 PDT 2016

On 05/01/2016 07:05 AM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> When I looked at the source files in the "debian" folder, I realized, that
> it uses a very old and outdated description of the project.
> It's not clear to me, how to apply changes myself. It's a rather easy to
> solve issue, so I thought I just ask you by email.

Filing a bug for the pgrouting package is the way to contribute changes
if you're not a member of the Debian GIS team.

 https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Joining the Debian GIS team is recommended for any one who wants to
actively contribute to the packaging, it get you commit access to the
source package git repositories.

 https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/index.html#membership

> Here is the control file of the Ubuntu packages I built in the past years
> on Launchpad:
> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting-build/blob/master/debian/control

That description is not really an improvement, it's very short and
likely to trigger an extended-description-is-probably-too-short lintian
issue.

 https://lintian.debian.org/tags/extended-description-is-probably-too-short.html

> I'm happy to help with the packaging, but I need to find a time to
> remember, how everything worked and to read the policies again.
> It may look pretty easy, if you do it often, but if done only once or twice
> a year, it's just long enough to have forgotten everything again.

That's why reference documentation exists to lookup the infrequently
used procedures.

 https://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/policy/

Kind Regards,

Bas