[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] 2017 World Bank Land and Poverty Conference CfP and Registration - Anyone able to present OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 13:09:53 PDT 2016

OSGeo-Live folks,

Are there any within our community who would be willing to stand up and
give an OSGeo-Live lightening presentation, and/or an OSGeo-Live
workshop in Washington?

A presentation is ready to go, along with abstract:

https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/index.html#/

https://live.osgeo.org/en/presentation/abstract.txt

We have also been discussing putting together a workshop, but as yet
this hasn't been done. For a 90 minute workshop, you could draw on
quickstarts. Something like:

15 minutes: Introduction to OSGeo and Open Source

15 minutes: Databases: Postgis Quickstart

15 minutes: WebServices: GeoServer Quickstart

15 minutes: Desktop: QGIS Quickstart

15 minutes: Browser: Openlayers or Leaflet Quickstart

15 minutes: Spare for questions, extra exercises, extra Quickstart

M +61 419 142 254