[Live-demo] Fwd: About mapslicer/maptiler related to openHub

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 05:38:03 PDT 2017

Hi Cameron,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi Angelos,
>
> So what do you suggest we do about MapSlicer? I'm wondering whether the
> project is still a good candidate for including on OSGeo-Live.
>
> 1. Is the project still useful and used?

The project is still being used, there are people still reporting issues.
Unfortunately, the project is not actively developed anymore.

> 2. Does the project have a community behind it?

Not an active community, just a few people responding to tickets every once
in a while.

> 3. Do we have a point of contact for the project?

Yes, myself and ActivityWorkshop

> 4. If we do keep the project, I suggest we should create OpenHub metrics
> for it.

As part of the "reboot", I also feel that the project perhaps should be
retired, but I would like to hear some more opinions about this.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos, PhD